Mynd

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Half time whistle

Summer internship is half way thru. The no work- no life balance has just tilted to no work-some life

4 weeks in Chennai. Seems a lot longer than that. Given that I spent my 7 years in Indore in just 2 places. 3 different accomodations in 4 weeks in Chennai has been a lot of fun. I have packed my bags so often that I feel I am doing my summers in a live-out-of-a-suitcase types marketing role.

I have seen 3 beaches in last 4 weeks. Given that I had seen only one in the first 25 years of my life. It has been a jackpot. I kinda like the sea. Its really soothing to walk on that sand holding someones hand (wait, thats just a rhyme, it never happened).

I met some old friends after years and made some new ones. They were all very kind souls to treat and feed this debt-ridden-half-mba-with-no-stipend-yet friend. We talked of all the sweet memories of engg. college and work over soup, coffee, nariyal pani and few other beverages. Man!!! nostalgia is so versatile, makes u laugh, makes u cry.

I have spent last 3 days in bangalore. Till last week, I belonged to that rare species of software engineers who are also lovers of rock music and still haven't been to B'lore. 3 days in B'lore were a blast. Especially after spending most of the April in Chennai, B'lore feels like a hill station. Adding to its already gud weather was the Breeze(r) that kept flowing. Bangalore serves you heavy doses of that essential nutrient that your eyes are completely deprived of in Chennai. This eye-tonic is available everywhere in pubs, malls, streets but is diluted and mixed with crowd.

My summers is more than half way thru. Loads of work to be done. I still don feel like working.

The Purple Haze has not faded yet.

9 Comments:

  • "debt-ridden-half-mba-with-no-stipend-yet friend"...hilarious..:)).
    "Breeze(r)", "Purple Haze"......seems like you enjoyed more than one type of tonic in bangalore...;).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/09/2006 6:13 PM  

  • @ Y2
    yup i had more than one tonic in b'lore ... btw, tu itna vella hai kya ki mera blog bhi padta hai ...

    By Blogger Prayank, at 5/10/2006 1:07 PM  

  • hey I am not at all vella right now.....but I make sure I don't miss your blog......never fails to bring a smile on my face....serves as a good tonic....:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/10/2006 2:14 PM  

  • Haan mai bi itna vella hai ki tera blog padthiiiii hooon ..
    - Dont 'mynd' my gender insensitive language

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/10/2006 7:13 PM  

  • ensoi the summers while they last.... 4th term is hard with all the junta putting fight and tons of RG all around.

    waise come over to bombay if you can... me joining thr on 19th.

    By Blogger Adi Oso-Groot Finch, at 5/11/2006 12:45 AM  

  • @Y2 - i mean u chk my blog more often than I do ... thats a sign of vellagiri. gimmi ur email id that u reg. chk.

    @ Oscar - I hope u r not speaking in hindi at IBM. and dude this one looks like a delibrate grammatical error.

    @Abhi - Nahi yaar, b'lore is char din ki chandni, nothin beats our gud old indore

    @Raven - shittt .. 4th term bhi hard hai ... anyways ATB for ur job .. and yaar send me the link of ur new blog .. no RG in this plz.

    By Blogger Prayank, at 5/11/2006 1:12 PM  

  • You said it Prayanky......Bangalore rocks but nothing can beat Indore!!!
    My ubs id is yadavendra.yadava@ubs.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/11/2006 1:54 PM  

  • Nice!!! Yo Pranky keep rocking

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/12/2006 1:23 PM  

  • [color=#6699cc]Hi all,
    last night I was looking at the family pictures and I realized that we live in the era of the possibilities for example I am writing a message for un unlimited amount of unknown readers and this makes me entousiast and I want to get more for my future, so more opportunities and more money. I am completing my professional update class but I don't feel still sadisfied and I do regularly self learning too. I am interested in computers and I have created a website for my family (Wow, it was difficult to find a [/color][url=http://www.web-host-3.info/sitemap.html]adult web hosting[/url][color=#6699cc]) but I think that I can make this as my new profession but I still have to pay all my monthly bill so I wanna evaluate things with care. I hope that the time gives good advice.

    Ernst[/color]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/09/2007 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home